Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – Concourse E Renovation and APM Tunnel Extension – Atlanta, Georgia
This project consists of a new tunnel that extends from the end of the existing tunnel at Concourse E to the new Maynard H. Jackson Jr. International Terminal. The new cast-in-place concrete tunnel accommodates the Automated People Mover (APM) trains, baggage movement, pedestrian circulation, and utilities. The project also includes a new vertical circulation core at Concourse E to access the tunnel. The layout of the new tunnel extends directly below the columns and foundations of the existing Concourse E structure. SDL designed a system of column foundation transfers, underpinning, and shoring which allowed construction to proceed without closing Concourse E.
Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport – CONRAC Gateway APM Station – Atlanta, Georgia
Metropolitan/Nashville International Airport – Nashville, Tennessee
Complete structural engineering services for a 750,000 square foot, steel framed terminal building with a floor system composed of composite steel beams with lightweight structural concrete. The four runway concourses, totaling 3,500 linear feet, are also steel framed composite floor systems supported with a series of two and three bay rigid frames. This facility includes a terminal building with independent floor levels for service, baggage, and ticketing.
Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) North Line Midtown North Entrance – Atlanta, Georgia
A subway station that consists of a train platform that is below grade and an entrance structure that is above grade. The below grade structure consists of concrete walls and the above grade structure is framed in steel. The façade consists of stacked limestone, which matches the façade of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta located on the adjacent site.
- American Airlines Control Tower – Nashville, Tennessee
- Atlanta Botanical Garden Canopy Walkway Re-Build – Atlanta, Georgia
- B-52 Two Bay Fuel Cell Hangar – Barksdale Air Force Base, Shreveport, Louisiana
- FFV Aerotech Paint Hangar Building – Nashville, Tennessee
- Metropolitan/Nashville International Airport Air Cargo Facility – Nashville, Tennessee
- Metropolitan/Nashville International Airport Federal Inspection Service Facility -Nashville, Tennessee
- Museum of Aviation Phase II Robins Air Force Base – Warner Robins, Georgia
- Panama City Airport Construction Administration – Panama City, Florida
- Volunteer Landing Pedestrian Bridge – Knoxville, Tennessee