Hearst Tower – Charlotte, North Carolina
A 47-story, 970,000 square foot office building and trading floor. The top 32 floors of the tower are supported on a 15-story podium, which contains the building lobby, a 1,400-space parking garage, retail space, and a trading floor for 800 traders. The trading floor is one of the largest in North America. The roof of the trading floor is framed with seven king-post trusses that are 120’ long and 20’ deep. The end king-post truss supports a 48’-high structural glass wall. Two carrier trusses that are 160’ long and 15’ deep support the king-post trusses, as well as a suspended mezzanine floor.
AT&T Building – Nashville, Tennessee
A 31-story, 670,000 square foot office building over a 10-story, 1,300 car parking garage. This building, formerly the South Central Bell Building and BellSouth Building, is colloquially known as the Batman Building. It is currently the tallest building in the state of Tennessee. The building features a three-story winter garden atrium as its foyer and many levels of the parking garage are underground. Le Journal du Net, a French online business magazine, lists “La Bat Tower” as one of the 12 most original office buildings in the world.
The Pinnacle – Atlanta, Georgia
A 22-story, 460,000 square foot office building with a 9-level parking garage for 1,268 cars. This landmark building is located in the heart of the Buckhead district of Atlanta and has attracted many tenants that are in the financial sector. The unique design of this project incorporates a “sail” that soars nearly 100 feet above the 19th floor outdoor garden. The building’s shape, floor-to-ceiling clear glass skin, and dramatic crown give the building it a distinct identity.
Nashville City Center – Nashville, Tennessee
A 31-story, 500,000 square foot office tower that was designed by Hugh Stubbins, architect for the Citigroup Center in New York City. Utilizing concrete shear walls to resist lateral loads allowed the perimeter columns to be exposed for multiple stories. SDL worked with LeMessurier Consultants, a consultant to the architect, to anlayze and design the structure for the building using computers, a concept that was in its infancy at that time. This collaboration lead the way to the development of many more in-house computer aided analysis and design programs that were used to design future projects.
Turner Broadcasting System Techwood Campus – Atlanta, Georgia
Multiple buildings at the Techwood Campus including: 1060 Building, which is a 6-story, 185,000 square foot office building; 1000 Building, which is a 5-story, 145,000 square foot office building; an underground, 1000-car parking garage that supports the 1060 and 1000 buildings, as well as a plaza area between the buildings; a studio expansion building; 1015 Building, which is a 7-story office building supported by 2-story deep steel transfer trusses spanning over the new studio space, a separate 9-level, 790-car parking deck; and a UPS/emergency generator enclosure building.
RSA Battle House Tower – Mobile, Alabama
The 35-story office tower is Alabama’s tallest building. The building is named for the neighboring Battle House Hotel, which was restored and renovated and is now part of the tower complex. The 570,000 square foot tower includes Class A office space, hotel guestrooms on the lower levels, meeting rooms, and restaurants. A large ballroom serves as a bridge between the historic hotel and the new tower. The project also includes a separate 6-story parking deck, a sixty-foot long pedestrian bridge that connects the tower to the parking deck, and a fitness center and swimming pool on the top level of the parking deck.
- 1075 Peachtree – Atlanta, Georgia
- 1100 Peachtree – Atlanta, Georgia
- 171 17th Street at Atlantic Station – Atlanta, Georgia
- 201 North Tryon – Charlotte, North Carolina
- 312 Elm Street – Cincinnati, Ohio
- 4100/4200/4300 Wildwood Parkway – Atlanta, Georgia
- 700 Galleria Office Building and Parking Garage – Atlanta, Georgia
- Alliance Center Office Building – Atlanta, Georgia
- Atlantic Center Plaza – Atlanta, Georgia
- Bank of America Gateway Village – Charlotte, North Carolina
- Cox Enterprises Corporate Tower Phase I – Atlanta, Georgia
- Equifax Worldwide Headquarters – Atlanta, Georgia
- FedEx World Headquarters – Memphis, Tennessee
- GSA San Diego Office Building – San Diego, California
- HCA Corporate Headquarters – Nashville, Tennessee
- Hewlett-Packard Office Tower – Atlanta, Georgia
- Internal Revenue Service – Chamblee, Georgia
- Nashville Convention Center Office/Hotel Tower – Nashville, Tennessee
- Northpark 600 – Atlanta, Georgia
- One Belle Meade Place – Nashville, Tennessee
- Palmer Plaza – Nashville, Tennessee
- Prominence in Buckhead – Atlanta, Georgia
- Tower Place – Atlanta, Georgia
- WorldCom Office Building – Jackson, Mississippi