East Cooper Medical Center – Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina
- Photo Courtesy of Robins & Morton
East Cooper Medical Center is a 140-bed, 250,000 square foot acute-care hospital located in Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina. The structure is a five-story structural steel frame. The project is located near the coast and was designed for hurricane force winds. In addition, the project is classified to be high seismic; therefore, Special Steel Moment Frames utilizing the Reduced Beam Section connections are used as the primary lateral load resisting system. The site has a potential for liquefaction during a seismic event, therefore Aggregate Piers installed using the Vibro Replacement technique were used to mitigate the liquefaction potential. The project is designed to accommodate a future horizontal expansion to grow the bed count to over 200 beds.
Ennis Regional Medical Center – Ennis, Texas
Ennis Regional Medical Center is a 60-bed, 104,500 square foot acute-care hospital located in Ennis, Texas. The structure is a one-story structural steel frame over a crawl space. The project is situated on a site that has expansive soils; therefore first floor structure is framed with hollow-core concrete planks and the structure is supported on drilled pier foundations. The project is designed to accommodate a future vertical expansion to grow the bed count to 150 beds.
Emory University Hospital Midtown – Atlanta, Georgia
Emory University Hospital Midtown (formerly Crawford Long Hospital) is a 16-story, 385,000 square foot medical office building over a six-story 500,000 square foot diagnostic and treatment center located in Atlanta, Georgia. The tower structure is a 22-story concrete frame and the adjacent low-rise structure is a six-story steel frame. Due to the soil conditions and magnitude of loads, Augered Cast-in-Place Piles were utilized as the primary foundation system.
Oro Valley Hospital – Oro Valley, Arizona
Oro Valley Hospital is a 144-bed, 265,000 square foot acute-care hospital located in Oro Valley, Arizona. The structure is a four-story structural steel frame. The project is classified to be high seismic; therefore, Special Steel Moment Frames utilizing the Reduced Beam Section connections are used as the primary lateral load resisting system in the tower structure.
Physician’s Regional Medical Center – Collier Boulevard – Naples, Florida
- Photo courtesy of HHCP Architects.
Physician’s Regional Medical Center – Collier Boulevard is a 120-bed, 212,000 square foot acute-care hospital with a 19,000 square foot women’s center located in Naples, Florida. Being located near the Florida coast, The project was designed for hurricane force winds. Steel Moment Frames are used as the primary lateral load resisting system. The patient tower is designed to accommodate a future three-story vertical expansion. The women’s center is designed to accommodate a one-story vertical expansion. The hospital utilizes a separate central energy plant that features a mezzanine and a concrete transformer vault.
Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center – Poplar Bluff, Missouri
Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center is a 250-bed, 450,000 square foot acute-care hospital located in Poplar Bluff, Missouri. The structure is a seven-story plus partial basement structural steel frame. The project is classified to be high seismic; therefore, Buckling-Restrained Braced Frames (BRBF) are used as the primary lateral load resisting system in the tower structure. Rammed Aggregate piers are used to reinforce the existing soils to allow the building to be supported on a conventional spread footing foundation system. The project is designed to accommodate a future 46,000 square foot, three level vertical addition. This project was modeled in BIM.
Locations of Hospitals and Hospital Additions Designed by Stanley D. Lindsey and Associates, Ltd.
- Acadian Medical Center – Eunice, Louisiana
- Brooksville Regional Hospital – Brooksville, Florida
- Carlisle Regional Medical Center – Carlisle, Pennsylvania
- Carolina Pine Regional Medical Center – Hartsville, South Carolina
- Cedar Park Regional Medical Center – Cedar Park, Texas
- Clearview Regional Medical Center – Monroe, Georgia
- Coastal Carolina Hospital – Hardeeville, South Carolina
- Doctors’ Memorial Hospital – Perry, Florida
- East Georgia Regional Medical Center – Statesboro, Georgia
- Heart of Florida Regional Medical Center – Haines City, Florida
- Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center – Lititz, Pennsylvania
- Lake Normal Regional Medical Center – Mooresville, North Carolina
- Madison River Oaks Medical Center – Canton, Mississippi
- Mayo Clinic Hospital – Phoenix, Arizona
- Northwest Medical Center – Bentonville – Bentonville, Arkansas
- Parrish Medical Center – Titusville, Florida
- Portsmouth Naval Hospital Acute Care Facility – Portsmouth, Virginia
- River Regional Medical Center – Vicksburg, Mississippi
- St. John Owasso – Owasso, Oklahoma
- Valley View Medical Center – Fort Mohave, Arizona