Doctors Hospital of Augusta – Augusta, Georgia
The Patient Tower and Burn Unit Renovation to the Doctors Hospital of Augusta consists of a 94,000 square foot addition and 31,200 square foot renovation. The addition is a three-story structural steel frame that has been designed for three future floors. The structure is supported on shallow foundations. The project includes a two-level connector over an existing one-story roof area designed to expand to five levels.
River Oaks Hospital Patient Tower Addition – Flowood, Mississippi
- Photo courtesy of HHCP Architects.
The River Oaks Hospital Patient Tower Addition is a four-story, 163,000 square foot private patient bed tower. The structure is a four-story structural steel frame. The first floor consists of future shell space and physician parking; the second floor houses the labor and delivery rooms and the neonatal intensive care unit; the third floor has post-partum rooms; and the fourth floor includes medical/surgical rooms. This project, along with two other renovation and expansion projects, increases the hospital’s bed count from 108 to 191 licensed beds.
Kadlec Medical Center North Tower Addition – Richland, Washington
- Photo Courtesy of Curtis Group Architects
The North Tower Addition is a new six-story, 170,000 square foot steel and concrete-framed expansion. The concrete portion of the addition is designed for a total of ten floors and a helistop. The steel portion of the structure was constructed above an existing one-story steel structure. The addition is founded on auger-cast piles and caps. Since the project is classified as high seismic, the structure utilizes Special Reinforced Concrete Shear Walls to provide significant ductility when subjected to earthquake forces.
Wesley Medical Center Critical Care Building and LDR Addition – Wichita, Kansas
The four-story Critical Care building is part of the teaching facility affiliated with the University of Kansas School of Medicine. The facility includes three ICU units for surgical, cardiac and medical, 26 patient rooms, outpatient services for radiation, chemotherapy and wound care, and full diagnostic imaging services. The Critical Care building is designed for two future floors. A separate addition of a 2- level LDR and conference center, totaling 794,000 square feet, includes LDR, SICU, CCU, MICU, PACU and imaging.
North Fulton Hospital Additions and Renovations – Roswell, Georgia
- Photo Courtesy of North Fulton Hospital
The additions and renovations consist of an expansion to the Emergency Department as well as a new three-story patient bed tower. The projects consist of 70,000 square feet of new space and 60,000 square feet of renovations. The Emergency Department structure is a one-story structural steel structure and the patient bed tower structure is a three story steel frame. Due to poor soils, Auger Cast-in-Place Piles were utilized as the foundation system.
University Medical Center Patient Tower Addition – Lebanon, Tennessee
- Photo courtesy of HHCP Architects.
The Patient Tower Addition is a 77,000 square foot, four-story structural steel framed structure. The addition provides state-of-the-art nursing stations accompanied by satellite charting stations, bar code medication administration, a pneumatic tube system, and bariatric lifts. For continuity of flow, the first floor connects directly with the Emergency Department, Radiology, and surgical areas. The third floor of the facility houses 60 private patient rooms.
- Eastside Medical Center Bed Tower Addition – Snellville, Georgia
- James A. Haley Veteran’s Hospital Hemodialysis Unit Expansion – Tampa, Florida
- Mary Black Memorial Hospital Emergency Department Addition and Renovation – Spartanburg, South Carolina
- Medical Center of Southeastern Oklahoma Medical/Surgery Bed Addition – Durant, Oklahoma
- Munroe Regional Medical Center Out Patient Holding – Ocala, Florida
- Northwest Medical Center Emergency Additions and Renovations – Tucson, Arizona
- Odessa Regional Medical Center NICU Addition and Renovation – Odessa, Texas
- Orange Park Medical Center Emergency Department Expansion – Orange Park, Florida
- Pasco Regional Medical Center ED/OR Expansion and Renovation – Dade City, Florida
- Peace River Regional Medical Center Open Heart OR/CVICU, CCU & ICU Addition – Port Charlotte, Florida
- Regional Hospital of Jackson Emergency Department Addition – Jackson, Tennessee
- San Jorge Children’s Hospital Emergency Generator – San Juan, Puerto Rico
- Sebastian River Medical Center Patient Wing Addition – Sebastian, Florida
- Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center Catheterization Lab Addition – Crystal River, Florida
- St. Cloud Regional Medical Center Surgery Addition – St. Cloud, Florida
- St. David’s South Austin Hospital Bed Expansion Addition and Renovation – Austin, Texas
- Tampa General Hospital NICU Expansion and Renovation – Tampa, Florida
- Valley View Medical Center Cath Lab and ICU Addition – Fort Mohave, Arizona
- Wilkes-Barre General Hospital Emergency Department and Heart Center Addition – Wilkes-Barre, Pennsylvania
- Yakima Regional Medical and Cardiac Center MRI Addition – Yakima, Washington