Emory University Goizueta Business School Addition – Atlanta, Georgia
A 5-story, 85,000 square foot addition to the existing Goizueta Business School. The new building is designed to focus on graduate and executive education and includes four tiered classrooms, a video recording studio, and several large meeting rooms. This building features an arched bridge structure that provides a connection between the existing and new structures. The facility received a LEED Gold Certification.
Lindsey Wilson College Nursing School – Columbia, Kentucky
- Photo courtesy of 5253 Design Group
The two-story, 25,000 square foot building is home to both the college’s School of Nursing and Professional Counseling. Located on a steeply sloping site, a series of retaining walls are used to maximize the footprint and integrate the building in the surrounding campus. Stacked column construction, where girders frame over the columns, create natural moment frames, which greatly reduced the need for full penetration welds and thus reduced costs and construction time.
West Virginia University Biomedical Research Facility – Morgantown, West Virginia
A 114,000 square foot, 5-story composite steel laboratory building enclosing class “A” lab space and support facilities. The labs allow West Virginia University Scientists to expand their efforts to accelerate their progress toward better diagnosis and cure for cancer, heart disease, diabetes, stroke and other serious illnesses. This building features a stepped façade system with a signature sloped corner column as well as an elevated connector bridge to the adjacent building.
Vanderbilt University School of Engineering – Nashville, Tennessee
The Engineering Building and renovated Jacobs Hall houses classrooms, and teaching and research laboratories in a three-story, 150,000 square foot facility. The facility houses the departments of Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Civil and Environmental Engineering, and shop space for the department of Mechanical Engineering. The project reconnects and attempts to knit together two existing buildings, which were renovated as part of the scope of work: a 47,000 square foot, 1940′s neo-Gothic building, and a 25,000 square foot, 1950′s utilitarian lab building. The building is 80,000 square feet and includes a 120 seat lecture/multimedia room.
- Columbus State University Physical Education Facility – Columbus, Georgia
- Emory University School of Public Health – Atlanta, Georgia
- Emory University Whitehead Biomedical Research Facility – Atlanta, Georgia
- Florida A&M Recreation Center – Tallahassee, Florida
- Fort Valley State University Recreation Center – Fort Valley, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Environmental Science and Technology Building – Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Parker H. Petit Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience – Atlanta, Georgia
- Georgia Tech Regional Engineering Program Campus – Savannah, Georgia
- Lindsey Wilson College Wellness Center – Columbia, Kentucky
- Medical College of Georgia/University of Georgia Medical Partnership Building – Athens, Georgia
- Middle Tennessee State University Gore Center – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Middle Tennessee State University James E. Walker Library – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Midway College Raymond Center for Mathematics – Midway, Kentucky
- Mississippi State University Incubator Building – Starkville, Mississippi
- University of Alabama Shelby Hall Interdisciplinary Science Building – Tuscaloosa, Alabama
- University of Central Florida Business Administration Building II – Orlando, Florida
- University of Cincinnati Medical Arts Building and Parking Facility – Cincinnati, Ohio
- University of Florida PK Yonge Auditorium – Gainesville, Florida
- University of Mississippi Campus Theater – Oxford, Mississippi
- University of Tennessee College of Law Building and Library – Knoxville, Tennessee
- University of Tennessee Health Science Center Research Biocontainment Laboratory – Memphis, TN
- Western Kentucky University Florence Schneider Hall Renovation – Bowling Green, Kentucky