Emory Schwartz Center for Performing Arts – Atlanta, Georgia
A 93,000 square foot high profile arts building, where teaching, learning, and performance merge to create a vital arts presence for the community. The building includes an 820-seat concert hall, a 150-seat recital/performance hall, an orchestra pit, and ticketing and lobby areas. The building also includes related education, administrative and rehearsal space for the Music, Theater and Dance Departments, as well as individual performance spaces for dance and theater. The complicated geometry of the concert hall required special structural vibration and sound studies to meet acoustic requirements.
University of Mississippi Campus Theater, Gertrude Castellow Ford Center for the Performing Arts – Oxford, Mississippi
The project consists of a multi-level structure of approximately 90,000 square feet with a fully operational theater with working stage, an orchestra shell, lobby area, and projection and control rooms. The Performing Arts Center houses one large theater, a large rehearsal room, a green room and a back of house area. The building is actually two structures separated by an acoustical expansion joint. The structure consists of concrete frames and shear walls supporting concrete floor slabs at various levels. Levels include parterre, mezzanine, and balcony seating as well as mezzanine and balcony lobbies. The roof over the theater is 2” deck with 6” concrete slab and the walls of the theater are 8” concrete masonry, both acting as sound barriers. A rigging grid is provided over the stage, and a system of catwalks frames suspends above the seating space. Another special feature is the underground utility tunnel up to 8’ in diameter.
Massey Performing Arts Center – Nashville, Tennessee
- Photo Courtesy of Centric Architecture
The Massey Performing Arts Center provides an exceptional multi-purpose performance setting with the Massey Concert Hall, which seats approximately 1,000 people. The building’s lower levels feature a recital hall, practice rooms, and studios. The renovation included an extension of the balcony seating sections cantilevered from the existing balconies, new walks and stairs, and new catwalks suspended over the seating.
Princess Theater – Decatur, Alabama
Renovation of a theater originally built in 1887 as a livery stable and converted to a theater in the early 1900’s, and a renovation of an adjacent annex building with no existing drawings available. Included replacing the existing stage house, adding a small basement area with an orchestra pit and exit corridors under the stage, adding a small mechanical area and service yard behind the theater, extensive re-work and/or strengthening of the annex floor and roof framing, and a small addition to the annex. Re-construction of the stage house included leaving the existing south wall intact for historical reasons.
- Library: Bay County Library – Panama City, Florida
- Library: Gulfport Public Library – Gulfport, Mississippi
- Library: Hermitage Branch Library – Hermitage, Tennessee
- Library: Vanderbilt University Library Renovation – Nashville, Tennessee
- Museum: Adventure Science Center, Tennessee Engineering Center – Nashville, Tennessee
- Museum: Civil Rights Museum – Memphis, Tennessee
- Museum: Florida International Museum – St. Petersburg Florida
- Museum: Frazier History Museum – Louisville, Kentucky
- Museum: Guthrie Transportation Museum – Guthrie, Kentucky
- Museum: J. B. Speed Museum – Louisville, Kentucky
- Museum: Mason County Museum – Maysville, Kentucky
- Museum: Museum of Aviation, Robins Air Force Base – Warner Robins, Georgia
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Belmont University School of Music Addition and Renovation – Nashville, Tennessee
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Blair School of Music Addition Phase I and II – Nashville, Tennessee
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Canton High School Performing Arts Center – Canton, Mississippi
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Largo Cultural Center – Largo, Florida
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Somerset Community College Economic Development/Cultural Center – Somerset, Kentucky
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Super Channel Centre Office Building Performing Arts Center – Altamonte Springs, Florida
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Tennessee State University, Marie Brooks Strange Music Building Renovation – Nashville, Tennessee
- Theaters and Auditoriums: Tennessee State University, New Performing Arts Center – Nashville, Tennessee
- Theaters and Auditoriums: University Of Florida, P. K. Yonge Auditorium and Band Hall – Gainesville, Florida
- Theaters and Auditoriums: University of Tennessee/Chattanooga Fine Arts Building – Chattanooga, Tennessee